The trends are shifting away from chasing big numbers and followers to focusing more on having a solid and engaged community that shows up consistently for you and the content you’re creating. This week, episode 77 of Listeners to Leads is about creating a podcast for your community!
In this episode of Listeners to Leads, my guest Krista Lockwood shares how she started her podcast imperfectly as a direct response to the feedback of her community and actionable steps you can take right now to create a podcast that both works for you and your audience.
Despite attention spans getting shorter and shorter, I think that humans in general really crave consistency and predictability. So if you can be known as a person that is predictable and reliable, your audience is going to come to appreciate that.Krista Lockwood
Krista and I also chat about the following:
- Quick tips on how to optimize your podcast for SEO to reach your target audience.
- Lessons learned when it comes to growing your community and, ultimately, your podcast listenership.
- Knowing your audience so that you can tailor your podcast to reflect the content they are looking for while speaking directly to them and their needs.
- How to keep your Facebook group engaged despite the changing algorithms.
- Staying consistent with your content – predictability is not a bad thing!
You’re not going to find success in replicating what someone else is doing for their audience. Instead, you need to figure out the wants and needs of the audience that is unique to you.
Be sure to tune in to all the episodes to receive tons of practical tips on turning your podcast listeners into leads and to hear even more about the points outlined above.
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, take a screenshot of the episode to post in your stories and tag me! And don’t forget to follow, rate and review the podcast and tell me your key takeaways!
CONNECT WITH KRISTA LOCKWOOD:
CONNECT WITH ALESIA GALATI:
SEO for Podcasts [Tech Tips Series]