A lot of times as podcasters we talk about “growing the podcast” but I want to flip it around and instead encourage you to focus on finding high-quality value you can add to the show. By adding high value you’ll grow the show authentically while showing up for your audience and what they need from you, which will, in turn, grow your show. This week, episode 13 of Listeners to Leads is about finding quality guests for your podcast!
In this episode of Listeners to Leads, I’m sharing the importance of high-quality guests and why you may not want to find guests based on their follower count.
I chat about the following:
- Getting clear on the goals of your podcast, and why this needs to be done before finding guests
- Where to find guests that fit your podcast goals; some of which are right under your nose!
- Why you should keep in contact with past guests, and how they can help you long after their episode airs
- How to utilize your communities and places you are already hanging out to find and connect with high quality podcast guests.
If you are only selecting guests based on social status or followers on Instagram, and not because of what they can offer your audience, then you’re wasting your time and their time. Picking high-quality guests is going to amplify your message, your show, and your audience authentically.
Places to find podcast guests:
- Authors on Amazon
- Search your Podcast App for similar podcasts
- Search blog posts, pinterest, and YouTube
- Check Podcast Facebook groups
- Search social media profiles
- Comment on their stories
- Check out their website
- Ask other Podcast Guests
- Some websites to check out that cost money
- Podcast Guests
- Interview Guest Directory
- PodMatch – They also have a Facebook Group
- Be a guest on other podcasts
- Mastermind communities
- Virtual Conferences / In-person Conferences
Be sure to tune in to all the episodes to receive tons of practical tips on turning your podcast listeners into leads and to hear even more about the points outlined above.
Thank you for listening!
If you enjoyed this episode, take a screenshot of the episode to post in your stories and tag me! And don’t forget to subscribe, rate and review the podcast and tell me your key takeaways!
The Podcasters Society FB Group
Podcast Guest Collaboration Community
PodMatch – They also have a Facebook Group
CONNECT WITH ALESIA GALATI: