Readers are risk-averse. They want to know when they purchase a book if it is something they are interested in and is worth their time and money. Now more than ever, readers are using recommendations from social media and podcasts to make their book-buying decisions. This week, episode 68 of Listeners to Leads is about podcasting and PR for authors!
About the Guest
Dana Kaye is a life-long entrepreneur who believes in the power of storytelling and authentic personal branding. In 2009, she founded Kaye Publicity, Inc., a boutique PR company specializing in publishing and entertainment. Known for her innovative ideas and knowledge of current trends, she coaches her clients on how to identify and establish their unique personal brands. In 2016, Dana launched Midwest Mystery Conference (formerly Murder and Mayhem in Chicago), a one-day conference dedicated to crime fiction, with mystery author Lori Rader-Day. She is also the author of two books – Your Book, Your Brand: The Step-by-Step Guide to Launching Your Book and Boosting Your Sales and The Personal Brand Workbook – and serves on the advisory board of Propel PR.
In this episode of Listeners to Leads, my guest Dana Kaye shares the value in using evergreen marketing like podcasts and actionable steps you can take right now to guest on podcasts, build trust with the listeners, and increase your book sales.
Dana and I also chat about the following:
- The difference between marketing and PR and how they work in tandem with one another.
- How marketing and PR has shifted over the years to keep up with the ways in which people are seeking recommendations.
- The impact that podcasting has on book exposure.
- The immense level of trust that podcasters hold with their audience and in their recommendations- and how easily this trust can be broken when not used appropriately.
- Touching on which type of authors would benefit from having their own podcast and which type of authors should stick to guesting on others.
Podcasts, like books, are evergreen. If you appear on a podcast today, the traction you receive from that one podcast might continue to benefit you for years to come.
Be sure to tune in to all the episodes to receive tons of practical tips on turning your podcast listeners into leads and to hear even more about the points outlined above.
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, take a screenshot of the episode to post in your stories and tag me! And don’t forget to follow, rate and review the podcast and tell me your key takeaways!
CONNECT WITH DANA KAYE:
CONNECT WITH ALESIA GALATI:
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Listeners to Leads: Is Launching a Podcast Right for You?
Listeners to Leads: How to Choose a Podcast Format