Helen King knows quite a bit about difficult conversations; from being diagnosed with cancer, to her podcast The C Word Radio, to ADHD as a podcast manager, she has had much experience with discussing hard topics and even how to manage her ADHD as a podcaster. This week, episode 27 of Listeners to Leads is about the power of difficult podcast conversations, with Helen King!
In this episode of Listeners to Leads, Helen King is sharing the power of difficult conversations and actionable steps you can take right now to connect with your listeners on a deeper level with vulnerable conversations.
A former journalist, I launched my podcast The C Word Radio last year during lockdown. Drawing on my own experience with breast cancer I set out to create a podcast that provides a platform for people to share authentically. I discovered I love editing and making podcasts which led me to start my own podcast management/ editing business.
Here are a few resources to help you in your podcasting journey:
- FREE OFFERS: Podcasting Resources
- Listen to the Listeners to Leads Podcast
- Our top podcast host pick is Buzzsprout
Helen and I also chat about the following:
- How therapeutic vulnerable conversations can be for both you as the host and the listener, and how much community comes from those tough conversations.
- How to balance deep conversations with lighter subject matter or humor to help alleviate the density of the conversations happenin, and why it’s so important to leave space for the emotions to process as the host or the listener.
- Tips for time management with ADHD.
- How to reset your own expectations around hustle culture, and redefining what “productive” means.
This episode dives deep into how to handle, and why to have, difficult conversations, why you should allow the space to feel the feelings outside of your body, and ways to manage time and productivity as someone with ADHD.
Be sure to tune in to all the episodes to receive tons of practical tips on turning your podcast listeners into leads and to hear even more about the points outlined above.
Thank you for listening!
If you enjoyed this episode, take a screenshot of the episode to post in your stories and tag me! And don’t forget to subscribe, rate and review the podcast and tell me your key takeaways!
CONNECT WITH Helen King:
CONNECT WITH ALESIA GALATI: